Monday, January 4, 2010

Shop Hopping in Jacksonville

Between Thanksgiving and New Year's Eve, I made two trips to Jacksonville, Florida, to see my son, a sailor at Naval Air Station. He'd wrecked his car, and needed his mom which necessitated the first trip. The second trip was to deliver a truck to him that my brother had sold him.

Anyway, in the free time I had on the first trip, I found 3 quilt shops very close to my hotel. Below are pics of 2 of the shops. The third was called The Old Green Door (or something like that) and I was totally enthralled with it!! Exactly the kind of shop I could spend many hours in, and many dollars, too! Below those is a pic of the fabric purchases.





This is the interior of a really nice restaurant Adam suggested that is within walking distance of his house. (*Primi Piatti on Park Street. Added after I found my receipt.)  It had a very upscale menu, but the feel of the place was very comfortable and unpretentious. I need to find out the name. We had delicious meals with fabulous service and the establishment had great ambiance.


This is the base where Adam is a Medical Corpsman.


And this is dear, goofy Adam, dressed for work and looking quite spiffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!