Quilting Fun


While I love the satisfaction of finishing a quilt, it isn't the only way to have fun with quilting. Fun also comes from the great outings with girlfriends, shopping expeditions with Grandma, or just sitting in my "thoughtful spot" chair perusing magazines and books. The thrill of the next project waiting just there on the horizon...

Monday, May 17, 2010

Another Purse

After making 2 Tulip bags on Monday and Wednesday of last week, I spent part of Thursday and Friday working on a different pattern for a 3rd purse.
This pattern is called Grids and Grommets; it's by Indygo Junction. I bought the pattern last month when I was on the Shop Hop, after seeing the bag made up and displayed in one of the shops. I also bought a pack of grommets at the same store.

The fabric is entirely from my stash, and I cannot identify the maker. It's Provence by Timeless Treasures. Just found a selvage of it in the waste basket in my sewing room! No wonder it looks French -- it is!! It has a very French look to it, don't you think?  If anyone recognizes it, please let me know. It's fairly obvious that I still need to make the strap. The pattern gives two options. One is made of fabric lined with fusible fleece. The other option uses a very thick cording covered with the same fabric as the purse. This is the option I want, but little did I know how hard the cording would be to find! I saw it in the store with the pattern and grommets, but didn't think to get it there. How I wish I would have!

After checking several places in town, and a couple of on-line stores, I stopped in at our local Hobby Lobby this evening. I didn't see it anywhere in the fabric/notions area, but had a last-minute thought to check out the upholstery department. Voila!!! There it was! I got enough to make the handle for this purse, and one more; I bought another pack of grommets while I was there, too.

I should have gone ahead to make the strap this evening, but I vegged out instead. So it is #1 priority for me tomorrow.

3 comments:

Marken said...

Hi Dear
This is really great post about quilting room.So i like .............................
Quilting Teachers

Janet said...

That's a great looking bag. I love the fabric and it does look very french provencial.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

This is a great bag. I saw the pattern somewhere, but it didn't appeal to me - until I see yours. Great fabric!! The whole projects makes me think Vera Bradley. Good job!