Quilting Fun


While I love the satisfaction of finishing a quilt, it isn't the only way to have fun with quilting. Fun also comes from the great outings with girlfriends, shopping expeditions with Grandma, or just sitting in my "thoughtful spot" chair perusing magazines and books. The thrill of the next project waiting just there on the horizon...

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Porch Beautification, part 2

A week ago Monday, I posted about replacing or redoing the cushions for my screened-in porch furniture. I didn't think I had pictures of the previous cushions, but I remembered some that I'd shared pictures of the porch with my brother-in-law who lives in Florida, and who hadn't seen our porch addition.

Well, anyway, I have some pictures; they weren't specifically taken for showing off the cushions and bench pads, but you might get an idea of what I will be replacing.


The table is missing its tablecloth in this photo, but I had enough of my remnant find to make a matching tablecloth. So, the wicker settee, wicker chair, bench and table were all covered in the same great pale yellow floral remnant. I really liked the look. The blue flower in the remnant matched the rug and long bench, and the pale yellow complimented the coffee table/bench.

And to think it was all such a happy accident!! No planning at all.

Now, I really have to "get cracking" on the redo! I have been focusing on other things, but I really must redirect my focus! Summer is a'comin'!

My focus for now is on my May Schnibbles. I will (hopefully!) have the top finished today. I also need to make that strap for the grommet purse...there's a story coming with that post.

The sun's shining!! We've had 4 straight cloudy, rainy, chilly days - this morning is beautiful!

Piece!
Jayne


1 comment:

imquilternity said...

You are so lucky to have such a wonderful screened-in porch. We don't have that kind of thing here in So Cal but I love the idea of it! Can't wait to see your new cusions / redo!