Quilting Fun


While I love the satisfaction of finishing a quilt, it isn't the only way to have fun with quilting. Fun also comes from the great outings with girlfriends, shopping expeditions with Grandma, or just sitting in my "thoughtful spot" chair perusing magazines and books. The thrill of the next project waiting just there on the horizon...

Friday, February 18, 2011

Eventide Arrives!

Oooohhh, this was in my mail yesterday! Is there anything more pleasant than presents in the daily mail delivery?? I think not! Look at the tag - a cupcake with a daisy - 3D creativeness!!




Thelma at Cupcakes 'n' Daisies sure makes a pretty package. And what's inside is even prettier!



A few weeks ago I entered a giveaway at Cupcakes 'n' Daisies, and learned last week that I had been the lucky winner! So here is my Eventide pattern by Carrie Nelson. *uber-excitement!!!* It just so happens that I have made several of Miss Rosie's patterns over the years, and really love their looks. This one is getting me pretty excited, I can tell you! If I didn't have several already queued up, I would start on this right away. I am considering, however, moving an item or two down on the list, to make room for inserting this project...hmmm, we'll see.

Thelma is leading a quilt-along group for Eventide. Check it out at this location. Also, Nicole at Sister's Choice Quilts has a nice post today about fabric selection for this quilt.

Thank you, Thelma, for the giveaway! I am so, so appreciative!!

4 comments:

Lori said...

That is a great pattern! Congrats on the win!!

Nicole said...

Thelma always does things with such style! You will love this pattern.

Sinta Renee said...

That is a great present-ation! Are you going to make the pattern with the group???

Thelma said...

I wish I could take credit for that adorable presentation, Kimberly at The Fat Quarter Shop gets all the credit! It's always a pleasure doing business with them!