Quilting Fun


While I love the satisfaction of finishing a quilt, it isn't the only way to have fun with quilting. Fun also comes from the great outings with girlfriends, shopping expeditions with Grandma, or just sitting in my "thoughtful spot" chair perusing magazines and books. The thrill of the next project waiting just there on the horizon...

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The "Other" Man in My Life

He drives a distinctive truck and brings me the best gifts. He doesn't visit too often - we wouldn't want to upset DH, you know! He was here just today (I was hoping he'd come yesterday-you know-Valentine's Day-*wink,wink*)

Okay, I'm leading you on a bit; teasing, you know???

Here's the distinctive truck I referred to:

Here's the kind of gifts he brings - it's uncanny how he know exactly what I want!

So, here's what I got from BN:

These are the title of the books my book club will be reading over the next few months.

And here's what I got from Fat Quarter Shop:

Have you met Miniatures? It's a line from Windham Fabrics by Julie Hendrickson. I couldn't resist the neutrals in this line. I've been using up quite a lot of my neutrals, so I took advantage of a recent special they offered - 30% (or was it 40%?) off. A deal, regardless of whichever it was! I'm loving it, especially that darling polka dot on top!!!

So, here are some updates on what I've accomplished in my sewing room today:

I made a binding for a (shhhh!) surprise quilt that will be going to a good friend next month. I cannot wait to show you the quilt! It is a very happy, whimsical quilt!


My Stars and Stepping Stones quilt top has finally been put together. I now need to audition some potential border fabrics. I hand-pieced these blocks, but used the machine make the top. I suppose that I began working on those blocks over 5 years ago. It's a UFO that's been a long time in the making!

Have a great remainder of your Tuesday! I've got a date with my Ohio State Buckeyes tonight - Beat the Spartans!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Great progress in the sewing room, Jayne and love what that 'other man' brought you! :o)

Pam said...

Jayne, The binding is perfect! I can't wait to see the finished product!