Quilting Fun


While I love the satisfaction of finishing a quilt, it isn't the only way to have fun with quilting. Fun also comes from the great outings with girlfriends, shopping expeditions with Grandma, or just sitting in my "thoughtful spot" chair perusing magazines and books. The thrill of the next project waiting just there on the horizon...

Monday, March 14, 2011

It Won't Be a Secret Much Longer

This beauty, that is. Remember, a few weeks ago, I shared the binding with you. . .

So, during the Big 10 Tournament basketball games that we've watched these past couple of days, I finished stitching the binding. We will be gifting the surprise to our newest retiree on Saturday here at my house where we will gather for brunch.

I promise it will be worth the wait.

I've got a busy week with things other-than-quilting. Program material for Emma's upcoming h.s. musical production, make a couple of costumes for said musical, a writing project that our town's historical society is beginning, cleaning and cooking for Saturday's brunch. That's the big stuff. You know the small stuff that has to happen on a daily basis. Because of the deadline-nature of some of these projects, my blogging frequency might take a hit, unfortunately. I've made a concerted effort since starting back up the first of the year to keep my posting regular and frequent.

We shall see what we shall see. . .

Happy Quilting, Friends.

2 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

I have a fat quarter of the fabric you're using for binding here and was wishing this week that I'd bought more! I noticed you're working on Barbara Brackman's Civil War blocks. I've started them but I'm way behind. :( Maybe later this week I'll get caught up with those. Enjoyed your blog. blessings, marlene

Sandy said...

That binding is adorable. I see what you mean about committing yourself...you are a busy gal already.