Quilting Fun


While I love the satisfaction of finishing a quilt, it isn't the only way to have fun with quilting. Fun also comes from the great outings with girlfriends, shopping expeditions with Grandma, or just sitting in my "thoughtful spot" chair perusing magazines and books. The thrill of the next project waiting just there on the horizon...

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Time is at a Premium

You're not going to believe what I am doing... I will tell you in a minute...first things first.

I knew that once I got back into school my quilting time would take a huge hit; but my class load is exactly half of what it was last fall, so I was expecting to have at least a little more to show for myself. Alas, my time with the sewing machine has been extremely limited this week.

So, if I haven't been at the sewing machine, what HAVE I been doing?

Hand quilting! I know! Sort of hard to believe, isn't it?


This is a Schnibbles I made over a year ago. Go here to read about it. It's been in this little quilting frame for a shamefully long time, so I figured that I needed to rescue it. I have things waiting in the sewing room, but my teaching job just doesn't allow me to focus my attention there at the moment.

I am pleased that it is nearly finished, and my callouses are returning very nicely, thank you. *grin*

Here is the yo-yo table runner I finished a week or so ago. It decorates our kitchen table.


So, I hope you all are getting some fun projects done. Mine are going to be finishing up a bit slower than they were, but I will still get a few things done, God willing!

Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

QuiltSue said...

Oh, that looks beautiful. I just love the colours and the fabrics. At least with hand-sewing you can always just do some while being with other people, so it is more sociable!

Your yo-yo runner looks great. Did you put a backing on at all?

Melissa said...

With my carpal tunnel, there is no hand quilting in my house. So I am very grateful when talented folks such as yourself share! Love the yo yo runner. I may have to steal that idea. I think the circles would juxtapose nicely with all the straight lines in my craftsman style furniture.