Friday, December 2, 2011

An Outing with the Frankfort Girls

Instead of quilting at Sharon's as we were scheduled to do, 4 of the 5 of us took a little road trip to Columbus for an outing. We left around 10am, stopped for brunch at Bob Evans in Worthington, and then headed to the Worthington Holiday Inn for a small vendors' festival.

There were approximately 10 central Ohio quilt shops represented. They had small booths set up with a variety of items for sale - fabric, patterns, notions, accessories, precuts, etc. There were also demonstrations being conducted. It looked like there was a steady turnout of quilters on hand. Hope they did a good business. We were in and out in about an hour. It was not too big, so we didn't have a whole day devoted to it. Christmas time always makes me feel as though my time is at a premium, so I was pleased that I was able to spend some time with my quilting buddies, get to do a bit of shopping, and then still get home with plenty of daylight remaining.

On the ride up (thank you for driving, Sharon!), I did some knitting, and got some hints and tips from Sheryll, who also brought along a knitting project. She also let me know that I had a mistake in the last post, which I will be correcting, if you care to take a look.


Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. What a great day. Friends, quilty shopping, a meal cooked by someone else, AND time to spare at the end of it.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!