Quilting Fun


While I love the satisfaction of finishing a quilt, it isn't the only way to have fun with quilting. Fun also comes from the great outings with girlfriends, shopping expeditions with Grandma, or just sitting in my "thoughtful spot" chair perusing magazines and books. The thrill of the next project waiting just there on the horizon...

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Single Irish Chain

Here's the result of the sneak peak of blue and white I showed on the previous post. It went together fast, and is so satisfying to be able to post a finish in 3 days. (Actually, I had it done yesterday; I just couldn't find time to get to the computer to blog about it!)

It does not take borders, according to the pattern I used, which came from Quilts and More, Winter 2009. It's the cover quilt called Rhapsody in Blue.

Off to a retirement meeting with DH this morning!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

4 comments:

Angie said...

I LOVE IT!!! I never seem to start and finish anything anymore, but I have found myself more and more going with no borders. I also think we may be sisters, separated at birth, based on your bio---the only difference is I drink too much coffee rather than diet pepsi... ROFL

QuiltSue said...

It is beautiful. I love the colours. I keep intending to make an Irish Chain quilt, and seeing this one, I really must get on with it!

Stephanie said...

Restful and beautiful.

BilboWaggins said...

Quite lovely, very elegant. Another one on my never-ending-list!