Quilting Fun


While I love the satisfaction of finishing a quilt, it isn't the only way to have fun with quilting. Fun also comes from the great outings with girlfriends, shopping expeditions with Grandma, or just sitting in my "thoughtful spot" chair perusing magazines and books. The thrill of the next project waiting just there on the horizon...

Monday, April 23, 2012

Book Club and Tea, Again

A week ago Saturday, my book club had our monthly get-together at Lucy and Ethel's Tea Room over in Clinton County. I've chronicles the tasty treats served by the Tea Room in a previous post about my first visit. Then, my friends from teaching went another time.

This particular day, we had several new goodies along with a few standards from before. Feast your eyes on the delights we were treated to. I didn't do a good job of writing down details about each tasty morsel, but the pictures will verify that they were, indeed, delicious.

I didn't think to take pictures until after the first course, so this is a leftover scone that was on the counter after we were finished. I have tried making scones, always with results that are too dry. These scones were as moist and wonderful as you can imagine. YUM!

Sharon P., Wendy, Vickie, Debbie and Kelly--The Biblios. Marlise was at the other end of the table. All present!

Second Course. I recall that the quiche is cheese and asparagus.

Third course: pureed vegetable soup sprinkled with paremesan.

Fourth course.

Fifth course (on the bottom): desserts.

I took a close-up of this. The cake ball was served in a chocolate molded teacup. The entire thing was edible. Cool!
Beside it, in the ramekin, is creme brulee--easily the best item on the entire menu. Our hostess has nailed this recipe!
A perfect 10!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Tea with friends is always a perfect way to spend the day. Yummy goodies.

QuiltSue said...

Now I'm feeling really hungry. It all looks wonderful.