Quilting Fun


While I love the satisfaction of finishing a quilt, it isn't the only way to have fun with quilting. Fun also comes from the great outings with girlfriends, shopping expeditions with Grandma, or just sitting in my "thoughtful spot" chair perusing magazines and books. The thrill of the next project waiting just there on the horizon...

Monday, April 16, 2012

A Brief (hopefully!) Interruption

Just when things are going along swimmingly, life throws me a big curveball!

On Sunday, I was in the hospital for the removal of my gall bladder!

I thought I was just having a very severe case of indigestion, but when it wouldn't stop hurting, I had DH take me to the emergency room. In quick order I was having a CAT scan, which revealed a gallstone the size of an egg. That's pretty big, as I guess the gall bladder is normally just larger than a golf ball! I had a fun ride in the ambulance from our little town to the hospital about 25 miles away. By midnight I was being discharged! It was quite a routine surgery, and despite feeling a good bit sore and stiff today, I think I am mending nicely.

Here's a brief biology lesson: the gall bladder is situated on the right side, near the lowest rib. It hides under the liver. And even though I described it as the size of a golf ball, it is not round - it's more oblong, as illustrated above.

Here is another illustration showing a bladder with numerous gallstones.

There are many small stones in this illustration, while I had one giant one.

Still can't believe I wasn't experiencing prior discomfort.

Well, I think I will take a few days to recover; then I will be back to posting about quilts.

Happy quilting, Friends!

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh my gosh, hoping you are feeling better each day. Not the way you planned to spend your Sunday, I am sure.

QuiltSue said...

Oh noo, I'm so sorry. Hope you get well soon.

Alicia said...

Get well soon, we love to see you around here

Jennifer O. said...

I just saw your post and I hope you a feeling much better Jayne!