Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Quick Trip to Old Town Fabric Shoppe

Chillicothe's new quilt shop called my name after working on that batik quilt a week ago. I was needing some additional 2.5" strips to finish the blocks and get this quickie quilt finished up. So today, after my OU-C class, I stopped down for a visit. Sharon met me there! Fun-fun-fun!

What a nice shop. I didn't have my camera with me, but I've shared this new shop here and here. I found the batik strips I wanted straight away, so that gave me ample time to wander through the shop and check out all the stuff. New since I was last there are the Bernina sewing machines. They were just getting their training last time I was there, but now a variety of machines are on display. Oh, how I would love to splurge on a new machine...

Sharon brought with her a bag of Kaffe Fassett fabrics from her stash to match up with a few additional Kaffe's in the store. Talk about fun. We could ooooh and aaaah over KF fabrics all afternoon! She did find 4 to add to her collection. Her plan is to cut big 12.5" squares from these wonderful florals and just sew them together. As we checked out, we discussed the possibility of our doing this together, as I have a rather large KF stash, myself. What a fun day that would be!!

Japanese Chrysanthemum


Floating Mums

I got my batik strips - Bali Pops; Sharon got her Kaffe's; the two of us were very satisfied leaving the shop.

Spumoni - Bali Pops 

2 comments:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!