Quilting Fun


While I love the satisfaction of finishing a quilt, it isn't the only way to have fun with quilting. Fun also comes from the great outings with girlfriends, shopping expeditions with Grandma, or just sitting in my "thoughtful spot" chair perusing magazines and books. The thrill of the next project waiting just there on the horizon...

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Well, Let's Get Back to Normal, Okay?

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and patience in my week-long absence. Having one's gallbladder removed is not the most critical of surgeries, but I was set back a bit longer than I thought I'd be. The doctor didn't forbid too many activities, and even said if I felt up to it I could teach my class on Tuesday and keep my dental appointment on Wednesday. Well, I wasn't ready for either. I think I was just a bit too optimistic in my ability to bounce back.

The surgery was a week ago today, and I am still experiencing some discomfort. I take the stairs very slowly, I can never seem to get comfortable sitting. My 4 tiny incisions are beginning to itch--a sign of healing, so I'm hopeful that this will be a good week.

Enough about me; let's talk about quilts! A week ago Thursday and Friday, the Frankfort quilty girls and I went to Cincinnati for a quilt show. Preview night and Friday morning - we got to see all we wanted, made some important purchases and had some wonderful quality time together. We even had an extra quilter along! Cherie B. joined us to make 6 wacky quilters loose in the city. Gracious!

Here are some pictures. I won't narrate; I'll just post them. Enjoy!

Vendors:





Exhibits:





Cincinnati:






The Hilton Netherland Plaza, our hotel--a very swanky place!



It really was a fun show! Thanks, Girls!! You were a blast!!

Happy Quilting!


3 comments:

QuiltSue said...

Glad to hear you're starting to feel better.

Thanks for the photos. There were 2 great Lone Stars amongst them!!

Stephanie said...

I find the anesthesia can be the most interesting part of recovery sometimes. Wishing you well. I missed the show this year but happily went last year. Thanks for sharing.

Mad about Craft said...

I think it is amazing, that a gall bladder is removed via keyhole surgery. When I was in nurse training you were in hospital 2 weeks and had a full blown abdominal scar! & then 3 months off work.