Monday, June 4, 2012

Quilting at Terry's

Good Monday Morning! If you are anywhere near me here in southern Ohio, you are enjoying quite a beautiful morning! The birds are serenading me as I watch the shadows recede from the front yard. I have to be up around 7am if I want to see the morning shadows on the lawn.

Last Friday, our little quilting group met at Terry's for some stitching and visiting. Here are the projects we were able to show.



This is called Carson's Creek and it was featured in a recent edition of a magazine put out by a shop (relatively) near us, The Woolen Willow. The magazine is called Primitive Quilts. The light glares on the cover, but this is the issue with Carson's Creek.


It's made with fat quarters, and since I have an abundance of those, I am fairly certain that this quilt will be added to my to-do list. Terry said it went together really fast. Another bonus!!


Terry worked on binding this small log cabin table topper or wall hanging, which she'd recently quilted. Lots of little strips here!


Sheryll showed this pretty appliqued wall hanging which is being donated to the raffle held in September at the guild's quilt show. Whoever wins this will most certainly have a treasure on their hands! I know I'd love having it!

The rest of us worked on our same old-same old. I was stitching my Darcy Schnibbles; JoAnn continued quilting her little pieced wall-hanging; Sharon worked on cross stitch. It was a dreary and cold morning (exact opposite of today!), and felt good to be indoors among friends.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!