Friday, July 27, 2012

2012 Summer Olympics


I have been so psyched for the Olympics; have you? I am planning to position my Q-snap quilting frame in front of the television for some marathon quilting and Olympic viewing. I will be starting tonight for the opening ceremonies.



My home state of Ohio has several Olympians competing in the London games. Here's the alphabetical list of Buckeye State Olympians which I found on a Google search.


1. Katie Bell
Sex : Female
Competing in Diving
Event / position / class: Platform
Born: 1988
From: Columbus, Ohio
2. Tervel Dlagnev
Sex : Male
Competing in Wrestling
Born: 1985
From: Columbus, Ohio
3. Peter Graves
Sex : Male
Competing in Rowing
From: Cincinnati, Ohio
4. Lebron James
Sex : Male
Competing in Basketball
Born: 1984
From: Akron, Ohio
5. Abby Johnston
Sex : Female
Competing in Diving
Born: 1989
From: Upper Arlington, Ohio
6. Justin Lester
Sex : Male
Competing in Wrestling
Born: 1983
From: Akron, Ohio
7. Holly Mangold
Sex : Female
Competing in Weightlifting
Born: 1989
From: Columbus, Ohio
8. Margot Shumway
Sex : Female
Competing in Sculls
Born: 1979
From: Cincinnati, Ohio
9. Nick Thuman
Sex : Male
Competing in Swimming
Born: 1986
From: Cincinnati, Ohio
10. Rau'Shee Warren
Sex : Male
Competing in Boxing
Born: 1987
From: Cincinnati, Ohio
11. Jacob Wukie
Sex : Male
Competing in Archery
Born: 1986
From: Oak Harbor, Ohio


The most recognizable Ohioan is this man, LeBron James. I'm still sore at him for leaving Cleveland to go to Miami, but I will root for him in London. He is an amazing basketball player; so talented.


A few of the less-well-known athletes include Holly Mangold; she is from Columbus, so we have seen her in a few interviews on our local news. Her big brother Nick played football for Ohio State, and now plays for the New York Jets.


Also from Columbus is diver Abby Johnston; consequently she also been interviewed on the local news. She seems very likeable and perky; it'll be fun to watch her.


Wrestler Tervel Dlagnev has been on the local news as well. He attends Ohio State, and for such a huge guy in such an aggressive sport, he seems like a big teddy bear.

About 45 minutes to the Opening Exercises, so I need to get my stuff situated. I did not get 9-patch Criss Cross top finished, unfortunately. I had hoped to have that done before the Olympics. I also hope to have my sewing machine serviced while the Games are on. Since I will be focused on hand quilting, I think I can bear to separate from my machine for a few days. *heh heh*

Cheering for lots of gold, silver and bronze for our USA athletes! Hooray for the red, white and blue!!


Happy Quilting, Friends!



2 comments:

  1. I'd be interested to hear what you thought of the opening ceremony? We watched it , even though it meant we didn't get to bed till 1.00 a.m. Sadly, even though we could have had a lie in this morning, we still both woke at the usual time of between 6.30 and 7.00.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your list of "our" Ohioans. I love watching the Olympics also and what a good idea of getting your machine serviced now!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!