Monday, August 6, 2012

Hillsboro Quilt Show

Hillsboro has a quilters guild, and this past weekend held their quilt show. Since I am from Hillsboro, and go over there a couple of times each week to see Grandma and other family, it was, of course, essential that I make this quilt show a priority.

DD Emma and I went yesterday afternoon, and she served as my camera operator. I should have asked more questions and gathered a few more details, so I am going to tell you what I think I know! (Dangerous business with me!)

This is the second quilt show for this relatively newly formed group. Last year's venue was poorly lit, so this year it was held at the brand-new Hillsboro High School, which I had not been in yet. (Don't get me started on how our beloved old school was abandoned and eventually torn down!)

Here are some quilts that were displayed. It was a small show, but they had some really pretty entries.

Patriotic Lemoyne Star
An antique quilt.

Turned out a bit blurry, but I love reproduction quilts!
Stunning! Love that wide, wide border.
Gorgeous star blocks paired with log cabin blocks;
I've seen this pattern recently, so it's a relatively new quilt, I believe.
This looks like an enlarged Schnibbles; I read on the label that it is made with lots of her stash of Thimbleberries fabrics.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!