Sunday, August 19, 2012

Hooked on Grannies

We had DD1 and her boyfriend here for the weekend, plus, Friday was DD2's 20th birthday, so we were celebrating  -- consequently, there wasn't lots of sewing for yours truly. Getting a couple more Great Granny blocks finished is something of an accomplishment, in my opinion. Now, others may see this as these blocks are just as easy as can be to make, so I really didn't need much time to get them done. And this would be true. Regardless, let's take a look at the 2 new GG blocks.


The scraps from my 2 patriotic wall hangings were still close at hand, so I cut a bunch of 2.5" strips and squares, and came up with a patriotic Granny.


I liked this combination before, and it still works for me.

While I was making the patriotic GG, I was thinking about what fabric to use for the next one. I decided to really change things up and dig around in my Kaffe fabrics. These colors and patterns work nicely together.

I do love my KF fabrics. It would be fun to do an entire quilt of KF Granny squares. Hmmm, I think I just added a quilt to my to-do list, didn't I?


Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!