Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Two More Great Grannies

I'm not getting much sewing done this week. My book club meets Thursday evening (tomorrow!) and I need to get busy on Widow of the South by Robert Hicks. As of yesterday morning I was on page 28, but this morning I am on page 186, so yesterday was a good day for reading. Not so much for sewing, though.

These two GG squares were made on Monday. I am up to 6 now.

 
 

Just some random scraps from one of the fat quarter drawers. It is so much fun to see how combinations work. I started with that yellow, then found the pink. It was wonderful finding the blue because it complements the yellow so well. I figured the only option remaining was to go with a neutral. This may be my favorite yet!


 
 

The fabric in this block is a line called 1974 by Urban Chik/Moda; I bought a small fat-quarter pack about 3 years ago. These are 4 different colors of the same design. It works for me here, but mostly, I believe I will go back to variety in all the "rounds."

Last night was the last opportunity I was going to have to prepare a home-cooked meal for Emma before she leaves for college on Saturday. So I fixed her favorites: Tuscan Chicken with strawberry shortcake for dessert. Shall I blog about it tomorrow? Can you handle not just another ordinary food post, but yet another pasta dish??

Happy Quilting - and Reading!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!