Monday, September 10, 2012

Final Post on Quilt Show

I sure know how to drag out an event, don't I? I attended this show on Sat., Sept. 1, and here I am still blogging about it on Sept. 10. That's  mileage, ladies and gentlemen! *grin*

So what could I possibly have left to say about the quilt show??? Duh!! We have not yet gone shopping! That's right - vendors! These were situated on the main floor, so I actually did my round of the vendors before going downstairs to see the quilts. Then, after looking at the quilts, I headed back upstairs and made one more run through the vendors at which time I did part with just a few $$. No big, budget-busting purchases; just some little "must-haves."

Let's browse, first, shall we?



The 2 pics above are the booth of Quiltricks. Aren't those 2 quilts beautiful?? I would love to make them both, but heaven only knows how long it'll be until that happens! If you click on the link you will find that Karen at Quiltricks operates an online pattern business. Looks like she's had good success, too! That display is a keeper, for sure!



These 2 pics are of a booth, also, but for the life of me I cannot find the paper where I had the information on it. What I remember is that she is an online shop operating out of (I think) Jeffersonville, OH. I love these two quilts. More striking display quilts and many kits - nice!


This booth of Neff's Country Loft is an actual shop in Belpre, OH. I have been there a few times with the Frankfort girls. It's a lovely shop full of whimsical, primitive goodies all over the place! Those barn panels in the quilt a few posts back (and below) came from this shop. If you ever find yourself looking for a shop in eastern Ohio, this would be worth the tip!


This is the quilt referred to above. My friend Terry bought the barn panels from Neff's.


This was the booth where I made my few purchases. The shop is called West Virginia Quilts out of Barboursville, WV. This gal was the nicest thing ever! So friendly and helpful. I

Here are the fat quarters that came home with me - buy 10, get #11 free. These look a bit off-color due to the light in my sewing room (at night). Everything looks too yellow.


Yardage fabrics in 1-yard cuts were also available, so I got 2 yards of this pretty floral. This was "speaking" to me - I'm sure you quilters understand what I mean, right?

One shop I visited is from nearby Chillicothe - Creations Sew Clever. There were so many people in the booth that I could not get a good shot of things at all. I am glad Rita, the owner, was busy though. That bodes well for our local quilting community, you know! Do click the link above and have a virtual shopping spree. She had loads of stuff - both fabric and notions for every quilting need.

Off to get some stitching done.
Happy Quilting, Friends!


 

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the quilt show tour. your stash enhancement looks wonderfully inspiring. cant wait to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!