Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A Shout-Out!

This blogging thing is so totally fun, and a wonderful bonus has been getting to know quilters from all over the globe who are also blogging. Today I had a shout out from one of those blogger-quilter-friends!

One blog I follow is called Cupcakes and Daisies by a gal named Thelma. She has been working for awhile on a quilt I made last year called Long Road Home. I commented to her that I'd made this quilt, and in her post today, in addition to showing us her finished Long Road Home, she also shows my quilt! How cool is that??

I worked on mine in the spring of 2011, and finished it at the 2011 Quilt Camp.


Thelma has been working away on her Long Road Home and has finished her quilt top just this week! I invite you to click on the link above and go take a look. It's a beauty!

The pattern shows the quilt with setting blocks that are all off-white or tan. In my desire to use from the stash, I went with a more colorful, scrappy look and used up a lot of fat quarters in the process.

The first time I saw this quilt was when Frankfort sewing pal Sheryll showed hers at a Friday morning session in February 2011. Hers is made with colors that are more in keeping with the pattern.


Isn't it a wonderful quilt?? I am so glad I made one, even after complaining about all those little 9-patch blocks with the tiny pieces. I thought I'd never get them finished!

Here's some exciting news: I am going to hand quilt my Long Road Home. I bought a batt earlier today, and hope to have it on the frame by tonight. Updates forthcoming!

Happy Quilting, Friends!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!