Quilting Fun


While I love the satisfaction of finishing a quilt, it isn't the only way to have fun with quilting. Fun also comes from the great outings with girlfriends, shopping expeditions with Grandma, or just sitting in my "thoughtful spot" chair perusing magazines and books. The thrill of the next project waiting just there on the horizon...

Monday, October 22, 2012

Darcy is Quilted

Over the weekend I had an opportunity to stitch the binding down on my Darcy Schnibbles. It now adorns my kitchen table.


I have been hand quilting it when I stitch with the Frankfort girls. When we last were together, I noticed how close to finishing I was, so I just went ahead and did the last little bit of border quilting. Then, knowing I was going to be in the car for a ride to my FIL's, I knew I could stitch the binding.
Voila!! A finish!

 
The fabric used is Portabello Market. I went back to see when it was that I made Darcy, and I found the post in which I describe how it all came about. That was May of 2010. If you like, you can read it here.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

 

2 comments:

claire witherspoon said...

I love the blues and reds modulated (can I use that word here?) by the greens and creams. Very sweet little quilt! I like you description at the top. you "thoughtful spot" chair. I have one of those too, but never thought to call it that! cheers, Claire W.

QuiltSue said...

It's beautiful Jayne.