Quilting Fun


While I love the satisfaction of finishing a quilt, it isn't the only way to have fun with quilting. Fun also comes from the great outings with girlfriends, shopping expeditions with Grandma, or just sitting in my "thoughtful spot" chair perusing magazines and books. The thrill of the next project waiting just there on the horizon...

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Aunt Margaret - Quilt #3

There's a cool story that goes along with this quilt from Aunt Margaret's collection. It is a Churn Dash made in red and tan. Here's the commentary that my aunt sent in her email.

I had a red & white 3/4 quilt on my bed that mom had made several years ago. It was stolen when our house was broken into 7 yrs ago. I didn't want to tell her I wanted a new one for my bed because I didn't want to tell her about the robbery. Anyway, as if she read my mind, she made this red & tan one which matches my bedroom colors exactly! Plus it was a queen size! I asked for it and she gave it to me about 6 yrs ago. It is on the bed every day and I love it!


Pretty nifty, huh?




I see that this quilt has been machine quilted which means I must have had a hand in it, but I honestly do not recall this quilt.

Stay tuned for one more quilt from Aunt Margaret's collection of Grandma's quilts.

Happy Quilting, Friends!
 

1 comment:

QuiltSue said...

That's another beautiful quilt. I am really enjoying seeing this series, and hearing the stories behind them.