Quilting Fun


While I love the satisfaction of finishing a quilt, it isn't the only way to have fun with quilting. Fun also comes from the great outings with girlfriends, shopping expeditions with Grandma, or just sitting in my "thoughtful spot" chair perusing magazines and books. The thrill of the next project waiting just there on the horizon...

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Decision Made

Finally, I have made a decision on which quilt to start next. When a quilter has a significant stash  and patterns galore from which to choose, making a decision is a big deal! I have a history of being indecisive, too.


When in doubt, I seem to always follow the same path -- Thimbleberries. I have had this quilt on my goals list for 2012, have had the fabrics pulled and stored in a bin with the book, so it appears to be a no-brainer that I get this quilt cut out and started.





Coming up on Monday is our annual Veterans' Day quilting retreat at Frienzie Sherrie's house in Chillicothe. She has hosted us for a good many years now, and I will take this quilt to work on for the day. My plan is to get it cut out today and/or tomorrow. And sew it all on Monday.

Hope my sciatic nerve plays nice between now and then. So far, I think I am improving with the prescribed meds. Keeping fingers crossed!!

My thanks for November 10:
For my education and the opportunities it has afforded me.

Happy Quilting, Friends!
 

1 comment:

Angie said...

I have had this book forever and drool all over those quilts. :) Good choice for a new project. :)