Sunday, November 4, 2012

Lone Star Day



Yesterday was Lone Star Saturday for November. Quilt Sue was our able hostess. I was mostly absent from the festivities; I did leave some comments, but I really didn't have anything to blog about. I had a really good laugh, though, in an email exchange with Sue.

I will share the script, but first, you have to know that Sue is a British lady, so when you read her lines, imagine them with an accent.

Jayne: (this is the comment I left on her blog) I can't wait to see what you've done this past month! I still have undone parts to resew. :-(

Sue: LOL, I read that as you had undone pants at first. Made me stop and stare I can tell you.

Jayne: I am laughing so hard I can barely type!! That is about the funniest thing I've read in a long time!! Nope -- pants are done up nicely, thank you!

Sue: I must admit, I can't stop laughing either. Now I must get back to my Friendship stars. I'm very bored with them.

Jayne: We had a bit of levity in the midst of endless Friendship stars. Fun, fun!

Sue: Actually, due to the difference in language, it's even funnier than you may have realised. What you call pants, are trousers to me, and pants are what we wear under our trousers!

Blogging has given me a lot of pleasure, but one of the best parts - and one I never expected - is meeting other quilters from all over the world. Sue and I have been blogging friends for quite a long time now. I doubt very seriously had it not been for blogging, I would not have "met" her otherwise. I dream of a trip to the UK and an afternoon of quilting with Sue someday!! What do you say, Sue??


This is Sue's book. I won this copy of it in a giveaway she sponsored on her blog.
 

My thanks for November 4:
I am thankful that all 3 of my children have made it home this weekend. Adam lives in Hillsboro, so he pops in often; Erin lives in Columbus and gets home every month or so; Emma is in college at OU (in Athens), and she has not been home in 10 weeks!  It's been a lot of fun here this weekend!

 Happy Quilting, Friends!
 

2 comments:

  1. You ladies are a hoot!

    I am wearing shorts (pants/trousers stopping at the knee) and I have my Bloomers! underneath. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue says YES!!!! Wouldn't that be great?

    I'm still laughing at our email conversation too.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!