Sunday, November 18, 2012

Making Decisions

Over the past couple of days I've been focusing on trying to get my sciatic nerve to feel better, and therefore, have not accomplished very much on the sewing/quilting front. I do find, however, that I think about quilts a lot, and I mean A LOT! Like maybe I am preoccupied with them or something. That's cool, though, for thinking generally leads to doing, and that is exactly what happened.

I was thinking about getting something going. I had 4 likely options from which to choose.

#1-- sandwich my little November Stars wall hanging and machine quilt it.

#2 -- machine quilt the baby quilt for Flynn, Sharon P's new grandbaby.

#3 -- apply the fusible web to Emma's t-shirt blocks and get busy making her t-shirt quilt.

#4 -- cut out a new quilt.

The t-shirts have been cut out for awhile - maybe 6 weeks!

Option 3 was the lucky winner. I have all the necessary parts to get this quilt finished, and t-shirt quilts go together so fast, it seems like a no-brainer to get this out of the way. She (hopefully) will be surprised on Christmas morning!

I hadn't gotten the fusible web ironed on, though.

Emma was a Tigerette! Hopefully, her quilt will bring a smile!

My stack of 15 t-shirt blocks. It will be 3x5.
I have a hot pink flannel for use as sashing and borders.
I  am behind in posting my "thankfuls."

My thanks for November 16:
I am thankful for beautiful, sunny November days. Usually November is our cloudiest month, but we have been enjoying some gorgeous days this last week.

My thanks for November 17:
I am thankful for modern conveniences. Hot water, electricity, heat, toasters, dishwashers, irons, cell phones - the conveniences we take for granted are so much a part of everyday activities. I would surely miss them if I had to do without!

My thanks for November 18:
I am thankful for my safety and security. Many parts of the world are fraught with terrorism and poverty. I am so thankful that I live free from such savage worries.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!