Quilting Fun


While I love the satisfaction of finishing a quilt, it isn't the only way to have fun with quilting. Fun also comes from the great outings with girlfriends, shopping expeditions with Grandma, or just sitting in my "thoughtful spot" chair perusing magazines and books. The thrill of the next project waiting just there on the horizon...

Friday, November 2, 2012

Not Much

I have not done much as I finish out this week. I'm blaming my sciatic nerve. For several months I have had nagging pain, but this week it has ramped up a good bit. It's been bad, quite bad. And it's hard to concentrate on sewing and quilting projects when hurting.

I do have a couple of odds and ends that I've not had time or opportunity to share. On Monday at Terry's I snapped a picture of Monica's cute pincushion. She made it at a group sew at Mary's Barn a month or two ago. (I had the planned to go, but car troubles prevented it.)


And, over a month ago when I was in Old Town Fabric Shop in Chillicothe, friend and co-owner Kelly showed me her latest finish which was to be a store display, I believe.


Isn't this a gorgeous Kaffe Fassett quilt?? I have the book this is in (too lazy to go look it up!) and I have it flagged, I'm sure. It definitely inspires me, which I'm sure is the point of having store displays! I need to play with some KF fabrics!!


I love how she quilted it, and I hope it shows up here well enough for you to appreciate the detail. It's just as gorgeous from the back as it is the front!

My Thanks for November 2:
I am thankful for my good health. Illnesses have been few; aches and pains (like this sciatic thing) are infrequent.

Happy Quilting, Friends!
 

2 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

That pincushion is the cutest! And, the quilt is amazing.

barbara woods said...

i found you on sew many ways