Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Original Pinwheel Quilt

A week or so ago, I shared here the blue and green pinwheel quilt I made from a Thimbleberries pattern. (I have been meaning to tell you what book this quilt was in, but I can't find it. Buried most likely in the sewing room.)

Well, Grandma made this quilt for my sister Sandy 10 or 12 years ago, I would guess. When I was at Sandy's on Thanksgiving, we took a moment to get this picture.


Sandy has always had a fondness for red and white, and asked Grandma to make this for her. It is wonderfully soft and loved - it was delightful to spread out on the bed. Washed and used - the best kind of quilt!

And, just for the sake of comparison, I will show you mine one more time. If you'd like to read the post about my version, click here.


My thanks for November 24:
I am grateful for my several groups of girls I regularly hang out with. Frienzies (Kay, Sharon, Sherrie, Pam, Lyn, Susan and Hettie), Book Club (Vickie, Marlise, Wendy, Sharon, Debbie, and Kelly), Card Club (Dorothy, Cheryl, Sally, Mindy, and Rhonda), Frankfort Girls (Sharon, Sheryll, Terry and JoAnn) and Y-Gradale, a group with a large membership. The fellowship I enjoy with these women is priceless.


Happy Quilting, Friends!


 

1 comment:

  1. I'm torn. They are both beautiful, it is hard to say which I like better. Oh, this isn't a contest, I don't have to pick a winner. A great pattern and love both colours. Thanks for grabbing a pic of the pink/red.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!