Monday, November 12, 2012

Veterans' Day SWF

Because some of those in the Frienzie group are still teaching (i.e. have yet to retire), we have for many, many years used the Veterans' Day holiday for a long day of sewing. Sherrie has been our hostess, oh, these many years, and that's where I'll be today, stitching away on my blue and green pinwheel quilt. In the early years, we went with the intent of staying all night, sewing all night. It wasn't too many years, though, that we decided we were just not cut out for such stuff any more, so we end at a reasonable hour in the evening.

Here are the pinwheels I will be making. I just couldn't resist. I had to make a couple just to see what they'd look like. I am going to like this, I do believe!

 
 
Here are all my parts! Ready to go! Can I get the entire top made in one day? I hope so!

I promise to take pictures of everyone's projects. Some will be scrapping instead of sewing, others come along just to iron or "unsew" or whatever someone might need. It's all about the fellowship, mostly. (Well, there will be a fair amount of eating, too!) These girls are as dear as sisters to me, and we just don't get to see one another as often as we did when we were all still working in the same building.



My thanks for November 12:
I am thankful for my Frienzies. These women are so dear, sweet and special. We started out as co-workers and ended up as lifelong friends.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

 

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post---I envy you your sewing friends that live close enough to get together for the day. Sound wonderful!! And I love the fabrics you're using in the pinwheel quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the finished pinwheels. So lucky to have friends who share your interest, no one I know quilts except my sisters and they are a thousand miles away.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!