Quilting Fun


While I love the satisfaction of finishing a quilt, it isn't the only way to have fun with quilting. Fun also comes from the great outings with girlfriends, shopping expeditions with Grandma, or just sitting in my "thoughtful spot" chair perusing magazines and books. The thrill of the next project waiting just there on the horizon...

Friday, December 21, 2012

A Surprise


Friday's mail brought me a most pleasant surprise! I was and still am flabbergasted at someone's exceptional kindness.

Sue Abrey, my UK friend and fellow Lone Star quilt-alonger, sent me the most adorable Christmas-tree table runner. And it will totally be used this Christmas! I have just the spot for it.


Unusual mailing label - that should have been my first clue, but I hardly paid it any attention.


It was wrapped in the prettiest polka-dot tissue paper. Lovingly sent from England!!

Isn't it wonderful? I absolutely love it! Sue, you are so sneaky!! I had no clue, and I have no return gift, I hate to admit. I do believe that I will be looking for an occasion to send something your way. Hmmm, I wonder what I can do??

Thanks for brightening my day, Sue! We had over an inch of rain and extreme cloudiness. We may have significant snow before I am back with my next post! Winter has arrived!

Happy Quilting, Friends!


1 comment:

QuiltSue said...

I'm so glad you liked it. You absolutely do NOT have to do a return, I just wanted to thank you for your support.