Tuesday, December 11, 2012

My Lone Star Is Finished!

It is with great relief and a dose of pride that I introduce you to my completed quilt top, Broken Star. It is a variation of the Lone Star, and is the quilt I worked on in the Lone Star Quilt Along with Sue at Quilt Times.


I resewed 7 of the 8 the green points by hand, and for the most part, I am satisfied with the results. I still have some puffiiness and excess, but when it is sandwiched with batting and quilted, I think it will all look okay. Then, a washing will just make it look crinkly and wonderful, as a freshly washed quilt is supposed to look.

Here's a closeup of one of the redone points. The easing is very evident on this particular point.


As I said, I don't think this will be too bad of a finish when quilted. Given that I began this quilt about 20 years ago, when I was so inexperienced with bias edges, I think this is just how it's going to have to finish.

I am so grateful that Sue wanted to do the quilt along. It did keep me focused on finishing this thing!! It sat in a tub in the sewing room for so long, and I would not have tackled this without her cheering me on along the way.

If you want to read about the long, long journey toward this quilt's eventual finish, just type 'lone star' or 'quilt along' in the search box at the top of the right sidebar. There should be plenty of back story that can be pieced together.


Yeah, it's gonna be just fine. Here's one more look at it. Whew! It's my last finish on the goals list for 2012.

Happy Quilting, Friends!
 

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Look at all of those DONE words that I see! Way to go!!! Lovely quilt too by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a FABULOUS accomplishment!! It is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo, it looks great. Well done on sticking with it, I know you were discouraged at times, but oh boy, wasn't it worth finishing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have enjoyed watching this quilt come together! I was gifted a broken star that my great grandmother had made and while faded now it is similar to this!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!