Monday, December 10, 2012

The Girls Were Here!

This morning I hostessed the Frankfort gals for a morning of coffee-drinking, gabbing, sewing, and catching up around the kitchen table. It was a wonderful 3 hours of fellowship.

I finished the handstitching of my Lone Star! I need to press it and spread it out on the guest bed, so I will show it off in tomorrow's post. Today, I will show you what the girls were working on.


JoAnn had a bit of appliqueing to do. The plain brown bear was getting a G tacked to his tummy for grandson Garrett. When she finished that little project, she went to work binding this wall hanging.

I have loved this quilt from the very start. The colors just work so perfectly together. It will look great wherever JoAnn decides to us it.

Terry, too, was binding. She had this oh-so-patriotic wall hanging to bind. Such a statement piece, isn't it?

And Sharon was not to be outdone! She was binding off this wall hanging that she was piecing at our last get together. Good work, Sharon!

Here's a group shot of us. A rare look at the girls behind the projects!

Sharon O., Terry, Jayne, JoAnn, Sheryll
The Frankfort Girls!

Happy Quilting, Friends!


 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the group photo. It's always nice to be able to put faces to the names.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spending time with quilting friends is the best. Wonderful show and tell.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!