Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sherrie's Star Quilt

Back in June of last year, we had our annual Quilt Camp. Talk is building already about this year's camp, but last June, there was one particular quilt that I have wanted to follow up on ever since sharing that initial post so many months ago. If you would like to read the back story on this, do so by clicking here. I talk about many of the quilters from quilt camp in that post, but if you scroll down far enough, you will see Sherrie's beginning.

Once we broke camp at the end of the week, the projects went home, never to be seen once finished! This quilt was finished and given to the bride and groom, but I pestered Sherrie enough that she furnished me with some pics of the finish.

Yaay!


Don't you love it? As I said in the June post, this was to be a quilt for Sherrie's niece. Well, the wedding was in October, and Sherrie gave the newlyweds the quilt in February upon their return from a belated Hawaiian honeymoon. How nice to come home to this!



The fabric is called Memories in Provence by designer Monique Dillard for Maywood Studios.
The pattern is called A Bouquet of Stars from the book Clever Quarters, Too by Susan Teegarden Dissmore.  

Can you see how pretty the quilting is on it? I do not know who did the quilting, but I am a fan! It looks great.

Okay, so how soon will it be that I am dying to make this quilt? I don't seem to be able to control my urges to make every beautiful quilt I see. I know where I can get the pattern, and I definitely have plenty of fabric in the stash...

I see a plan formulating. Hmmm...

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pattern! You could change how it looks with different colour placement.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!