Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Linda's Project

Since I don't have anything of my own to share at the moment, I will take this opportunity to share a project that my friend Linda recently told me about. It sounds exactly like the kind of project a quilter would undertake, and is further evidence that quilters do some very cool things through their craft.


Are the colors in this table runner scrumptious, or what?? I think you will like the story that goes with this. Here is an explanation from Linda's email, which she sent me a couple of weeks ago.

"I worked on this in Florida -  it is a table runner made out of my mom's curtains.  My mom was an incredible seamstress- precise and meticulous about her work.  The back of this was taken from a section of fabric that she had matched perfectly the pattern.  I am making 4 of these - one for each daughter .  This is pattern is called "Paulina" -  a Waverly fabric that is probably over 30 years old.  She made 2 sets of curtains to fit 2 huge bay windows & lined all!  All the finish work was done by hand. It is my tribute to her!"

Waverly fabric must be some amazing stuff! Those colors don't look faded at all for being over 30 years old! I think Linda's sisters are going to love this gift; I know I sure would! What a wonderful tribute to their mother.


Here is the back of the table runner, the part with the perfectly matched pattern. I sure can't see it, can you?

Thanks, Linda, for filling in for me today!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is incredible fabric to stand up to 30 years with no fading. And no, I couldn't see the matching part.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!