Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Recuperating

I'm back! And my back is better! I'm 9 days post-op, and summing things up, I'd say I am feeling pretty darn good.

Surgery was last Monday, and on Thursday afternoon I was discharged from the hospital to a step-down rehab facility here in our town. I came out of there on Monday evening, and now have 2 days of being at home. Gosh, it feels good to be in one's own bed, using one's own shower and puttering around one's own domain.


My incision is a thing of beauty, to hear all the nurses talk. I did have some concern about pain in my left leg (the good one!) and that took us through several hours of seeing about blood clots. Tests came back negative, thankfully, and I guess the pain is just a part of the recovery process. I have great help here at home with DH, DS and DD2 when they are around. Very grateful for everyone's willingness to assist. Friends have brought food and goodies, so the family is taken care of for meals.

As far as sewing goes, I've made some goals for the new year, and did minimal stitching on some Christmas projects I put together the last minute before surgery--just in case!

I am not ready to get back to posting regularly, but I figured I owed you faithful readers an update, at least!

I will get back in the swing of quilting and sewing, as my recovery progresses. Stay tuned!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you are home and feeling better! Keep well. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking of you yesterday and wondering how you were. Glad you seem to be well on the way to full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are on the mend. Best wishes for a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jayne: It is so good to see that you are blogging again. I was sort of worried. I am sure you are so glad to be home. From what I know about others who have had fixation back surgery, the pain can last for awhile as the healing process is lengthy. Perhaps you can start some therapy soon to help you deal with the discomfort. Be careful and don't do too much.
    hugs,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you have come through the surgery.

    Look after yourself and enjoy Christmas with your feet up & doing a bit of sewing if you are up to it.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!