Sunday, March 23, 2014

Same Pattern, Different Looks

Three of the Frankfort girls are in a guild, and every March they go on a retreat with that guild. One of the features of the retreat is a mystery quilt, available as an option if members wish to participate. I'd like to show you the wide variety of the quilts made from this year's mystery. It's remarkable to me that a quilt can take on such a variety of looks.



This is the back of the quilt above it. Cool, eh?


The pattern is from the Missouri Quilt Company, and it is called The Big Star Quilt. The directions are for using two layer cakes, which will make big stars in a big quilt, or two charm packs, which will make little stars in a small quilt. If you go to the MQC website, click on the tutorial tab to find a gazillion YouTube videos teaching all manner of quilts, including this one.

Makes you want to get right to work, doesn't it?

Happy Quilting, Friends!

3 comments:

  1. I have this pattern on my wish list. I love it. And I agree with you, they each look so different, all because of fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always amazes me how different a quilt depending on the fabric used. And you're right, it does make you want to start working on it. Oooo... you've given me an idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That should have read... how different a quilt looks depending on the fabric used. Sheesh... lol

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!