Monday, April 14, 2014

An Enjoyable Quilting Retreat

Last week I was fortunate enough to spend 3 days at Canter's Cave for a quilting getaway. It was fantastic. Canter's Cave is most known in southern Ohio as a 4-H camp, but in the off-season, many other groups use the facilities for meeting, conferences and retreats. We were treated to some wonderful spring-like weather, and many hours of sewing and fellowship.

The lodge we used is the "new lodge" or "small lodge," but this hardly looks small, does it? The interior shots will show that it is rather new, however. This next picture is of the great room where we had our tables set up for sewing. There were 8 of us girls, so we filled this area to the brim.
Displaying photo 1.JPG
Below is a look at things from where my sewing station was set up.
Displaying photo 3.JPG
Displaying photo 2.JPG
The fireplace had a cozy feel to it, and we used the seating late at night when we were tuckered out from sitting at our sewing machines all day. It was too warm to light a fire, but supplies were available.
 Displaying photo 4.JPG
My home for the 3-day, 2-night event was here in Room 4. I had my choice of beds, as we each had our own rooms, so I slept in the bottom of that furthest bunk.

All of these photos were taken after we'd cleaned everything up and packed in our cars to leave. I think you would have enjoyed seeing us in all our creative chaos. Since we booked the lodge for next spring, I will try to remember to do it then.

I have a very sick laptop, and for some reason I am unable to get my iPad to post my pictures. I will try to come back with some details of all the pretties we worked on while on retreat.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. OK my comment came back with an error message, so I'll try again.

    I said that unfortunately, none of your pictures came through except the first one, which is a shame cos I'd love to have seen them. I hope you had a good time though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Kona Floor Lamp can elevate the look of your bedroom or living area. A vibrant walnut wood finish is mixed with antique brass metals and a cream textured fabric shade,
    creating a style that can fit perfectly into mid-century modern, art deco or eclectic inspired homes. With a 61'' height and a 2.5'' thick square pole.
    For more detail visit ths links:Kōnā Floor Lamp

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!