Quilting Fun


While I love the satisfaction of finishing a quilt, it isn't the only way to have fun with quilting. Fun also comes from the great outings with girlfriends, shopping expeditions with Grandma, or just sitting in my "thoughtful spot" chair perusing magazines and books. The thrill of the next project waiting just there on the horizon...

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A Little Craft Fair Follow Up

You all know from my recent posts that I participated as a vendor in a craft fair. It was my first time, and I wanted to make a good impression. I spent hours sewing items to include in my booth. I also spent a good amount of time on Pinterest looking at craft booths gathering ideas and inspiration. Here is one idea that I used, and I think it turned out well.

Tagging items with attractive, clear tags is important in a vendor's presentation. I put this task off until the very last minute, but what I came up with really made me happy.


I've saved this old dictionary because I knew that I could do something with it, and tags presented the perfect idea. I have lots of craft ideas logged on Pinterest, and often faded pages of old books are used, so I kept this around for just such a purpose.


I removed a random page. One page yielded four tags, but I suppose you could make them any size you want; I just cut mine to suit me. There are no rules here, you know.


I took two 4"x 6" note cards to provide weight.


Other supplies needed are shown here: cutter to use on paper (my paper cutter has paper wrapped around the handle to identify it), glue stick, hole punch and yarn. I suppose I should include that a ruler is needed, but you probably would have figured that out, right?

I glued the note cards face down onto the book page. I trimmed  up with the rotary cutter and ruler. I popped a hole in the corner and threaded about 6-8" of yard through and looped a knot in the ends.


I could fit 2 note cards on the pages from this book; that is what you see above.


After cutting to the size I wanted, I just free-handed my item and price onto the tag. Had I not waited until the last minute to do these tags, I would have used a more suitable marker, and taken a bit more time with my lettering. 

Hope you find this helpful. I swear by using Pinterest for inspiration. It motivates me - a lot.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



1 comment:

Ramona said...

Great idea! My church is planning a craft fair for the fall and this is a great tag for pricing. Thanks!!