Saturday, June 7, 2014

Craft Fair

Well, I did it. I participated as a vendor in a craft fair. While I didn't become independently wealthy, I did gain a lot of knowledge and will be better at this business in the future, should I get into another one!


Here's my little booth. I was right proud of it. I layered quilt tops on the tables, used the wall to my best advantage, and tried to present items in inviting and interesting ways.

So what did I learn? Well, let's review...

1. Mark prices clearly. I had several quilt tops hanging from hangers and prices on tags attached to each. Well, I think folks were scared off because they saw a price that was high on an unfinished quilt. I should have written on the tag or posted a sign somewhere explaining that the price meant that I would finish the quilt for that price. I was assuming people would know, and I don't think they did.

2. Have plenty of business cards for people to take.

3. Focus my products more; I had a little bit of everything and I think folks were confused. Purses, bags, journal covers, pillows, table runners, quilt tops, t-shirt quilts and banners. That may have been too chaotic. I need to think about what I'd really like to make and sell, then focus more on that.

A good learning experience, though, and we did make some money for Dorothy's son to go on his mission trip.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!