Quilting Fun


While I love the satisfaction of finishing a quilt, it isn't the only way to have fun with quilting. Fun also comes from the great outings with girlfriends, shopping expeditions with Grandma, or just sitting in my "thoughtful spot" chair perusing magazines and books. The thrill of the next project waiting just there on the horizon...

Friday, June 13, 2014

Does One Sew On Vacation??

I've been at Myrtle Beach, SC, all week, as you know, and even though I am at an ocean resort, I did bring along a bit of sewing. I will report later on whether or not I actually did anything with this sewing, but at least I brought it -- just in case, you know.

In this sturdy Christmas card box, I carry an easy hand-stitching project - my 2.5-inch squares which will be turned into either 9-patches or 16-patches.

 See? Everything I need in one handy box - thread, needles, a few straight pins, thimbles, scissors, and my squares. Easy, peasy!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

Ramona said...

I don't go anywhere without a project! And I always take more than what I will accomplish just in case I get stranded somewhere. :)

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Some of my best vacations are time at home in my sewing room