Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Retail Therapy

I don't know if you've noticed how little fabric buying I've been doing lately. It's been a real effort on my part to try to use from my stash. I could sew from now until my dying day - which I hope is a long way off - and never use all the fabric stored in the quilting room.

Now I do love some of the new fabrics coming out, and it just about kills me to resist enhancing the stash. So, every now and then I allow myself a small purchase. I generally try to follow the rule that I select something that will enhance what I already own, and occasionally buy something totally new.

With those ground rules, I will show you what I did on Saturday. *wink*




My husband and I took a drive in Amish Country with his father. We were mostly just out to see some pretty countryside. I had an idea in the back of my mind that we'd stop at Pearl Valley for some cheese. It wasn't  until they asked me what I was interested in seeing, that I even entertained the idea of a quilt shop stop.

Mrs. Miller's in Berlin, OH, is one of the must-see destinations for any quilter visiting our Amish Country. Rather unassuming, isn't it?

A small bag of quilting goodness! It was so hard to decide what to get. I didn't have time to prepare a wishlist!

Here's what came home with me: 4 fat quarters from the brown, gold and neutral range of colors; 2 Charm Packs of French General Chateau Rouge. Oh my, I'm a sucker for French General.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!