Tuesday, September 2, 2014

September!

Twelve times a year we get to start a new month, and each time I am shocked at how quickly those new months arrive. I suspect you know what I mean. Man-oh-man, where does the time go??

August saw me getting my Eventide quilt top finished, and now September will hopefully see me finishing a few more things - mostly UFOs. I am woefully behind on our UFO challenge, and would love to get some of those off my to-do list.

This week, though, finds me working on a t-shirt quilt that I've been commissioned to do -- not a UFO. The customer is a bridge-club friend of my mother's, and the t-shirts all belong to her son from his high school and college days. I have them cut out and prepped, and am ready to begin stitching the rows together.

Often with t-shirt quilts, there are some shirts that have small logos that can be combined to make a block. That is what I will be doing with these 4 logos.
This isn't the greatest photo, but it shows that the units are connected with 2.5" strips. This setting fabric will be used throughout the rest of the quilt.


Here is the layout we've agreed on. The son went to Butler University, so we put 6 of those shirts in the center positions on the quilt. Surrounding those are various high school shirts among others. Those two blocks in the center top are made from four boy scout scarves. At this point in the process it should be smooth sailing to get this quilt together.

Hope you have a productive September; I know I sure hope to!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. I have to make a quilt with my brother in laws tees. he passed away 2 years ago and I wanted to make one of these for my hubs.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!