Sunday, January 25, 2015

Sewing With Frankfort Girls

On Friday morning we gathered at Sheryll's house for coffee and stitching. One of our ranks is still gallivanting in Florida. JoAnn sent a pic while we were together of a quilt show she was attending. Nice. Even from a distance, we are still "together."

JoAnn said she is not yet ready to come home, and that she bought a kit at this show. I will be eager to see it. And to hear her stories of the month in Florida, too.

Sharon O. was appliquing these English paper-pieced designs to a background. I should have asked her to hold it up; I'm not sure how big this project is.

Our hostess Sheryll, too, was appliqueing. She is doing a BAM with one of our local quilt shops. I didn't ask about the entire quilt, but this block is goreous!


I'm still stitching 9-patches. I got 3 done while we visited. I believe I have 56 completed, total, so I really do need to begin making a quilt top.


The only "finish" in the bunch was this sweet wall hanging from Terry. Those little Shoo-Fly blocks finish out at around 2.5 inches - is that not impressive? And she did NOT use triangle paper! Whoa. Terry was stitching the binding on this, and she calls it Cheddar and Chocolate. Or was it Chocolate and Cheddar? Well, you get the idea.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!