Thursday, January 1, 2015

Wecome to 2015!



Most folks have already made their welcome to 2015 announcements, but even if it is 2pm on January 1st, I still want to take this opportunity to wish you all a happy new year.

Did you celebrate?
Do you have a hangover this morning?
Or did you sleep through the midnight hour?

My answers to those questions are: yes, no, no. For 20 years now, my DH and I have shared New Years with two other couples - The Everharts and The Schmidts. Back in those early days, we had our kids in attendance - 7 all total. Now the kids all make their own New Year's plans, which do not include parents! So we 6 trade off hosting duties and enjoy ringing in the New Year with food, a bit of bubbly, games, and most importantly, fellowship.


So, while I wait until 8:30pm and a Very Important Football Game, I will be finalizing my quilting goals for 2015. The pork and saurkraut are prepped and cooking. I have had my 2 cups of coffee. I am ready to take on this new year!

Go Buckeyes!

Happy Quilting, Friends!



2 comments:

  1. Hi! I finished piecing a baby quilt last night and went to bed around 11. My DH also came to bed before midnight. We are getting together with friends to watch the play off games! We are die hard Nebraska fans, but tonight I am rooting for Ohio State!!! Go Buckeyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Jayne. I'm afraid we're such old fogies nowadays that we went to bed about 11, read our books till the fireworks came on the TV, watched those and went to sleep!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!