Saturday, February 28, 2015

Long Road Home Update

February is ending and I figured I should do one more post to finish out the month. I have been hand quilting, which makes for precious little interesting material to blog about. The pictures all look the same; the fingers and thumb are sore, so I could whine, but that gets old, too.

I am close to moving it again in the quilting frame, and it occurred to me that I ought to check things out to see just how close I am to finally finishing this seemingly never-ending quilt. Certainly, I ought to be finding myself near the end - it sure seems like it.

Here, I have unfolded the quilted part and stretched it out to see how far I've come. I have to say, it is quite satisfying to see this view. It gives me the 'oomph' I need to keep going.


A couple more views. It is going to look mighty nice finished and spread out on a bed. I like how scrappy I made it. That was something I was not sure of when I was making it; the pattern called for more neutrals. Since I am using from the stash, I opted for more color. I had more color than neutrals, so that drove my decision. It's going to be fine, too. *wink*

The back is interesting, too. I pieced the backing. There is a large dark blue print down the middle, with two lighter blue prints on either side. This trend of piecing the backs is working nicely for those of us who are trying to use from the stash.

My thumb is aching - there is actually a split in the skin, so a few days off from hand quilting will be necessary. In the meantime, I intend to cut out the Snowbird project, finish making the kits I need for the SPARK! class I will begin teaching on Tuesday, and machine quilt a baby quilt for a wee one who is due in mere weeks - mid-March, I think.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


1 comment:

  1. Your hand quilting suits this beautiful quilt to a T! Someday I would love to try this... But I'll start small with a table topper or wall quilt I think. I feel for your hands.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!