Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Off to Retreat

Today through Thursday I will be at Canter's Cave in Jackson County, OH, for a quilt retreat. The weather is calling for a week of rain, rain, and more rain, so I suppose being indoors sewing with a group of friends is not a bad way to spend a few rainy days.

I have already shown you the new project I plan to work on. Click here, if you missed it. Then, late last week, I decided I  needed a spring wall hanging, so I cut this out. Now I am thinking of UFOs that need to get some attention. Just in case I should finish my other projects, I am taking along some extras to work on. Would you like to see?

Remember this from last year? It is the quilt-along I started called Tell It To The Stars. I have all the parts finished for this quilt. The only thing left to do is stitch the sashing strips to the blocks, make the rows and finish the quilt top. It ought to have been done by now.

Then there's that other QAL I did from Fat Quarter Shop called Wishes. I have 10 of the 12 blocks finished, so I will take this along with me and at least try to get the last 2 blocks made. Like the previous quilt, this one also has sashing strips and a pieced border. We shall see if I get that far. Here are a couple more of these blocks; I just love this fabric.



So I plan to take a mix of old and new stuff. That will keep me from getting bored or uninspired.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. I bet you had a great time, even if you idn't finish everything you took with you!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!