Friday, May 15, 2015

A Finished Quilt Top

In January of last year, I was feeling all full of hope and optimism for the new year. I generally experience this every January. The promise of a fresh start in a new year does get to me. In 2014, in particular, I started lots of projects - projects of the significantly sizable variety. That said, it should come to no surprise to anyone that several of these projects are as yet unfinished a full year-and-nearly-a-half later.

One of those several started projects has at last become a finished quilt top. Tell It To The Stars was a quilt along I started with Judy over at her blog Patchwork Times. It seemed simple enough. I just needed to make 2 star blocks every month. Well, that was until June. Then things got a bit more involved. There were 6 setting blocks in July. Then those infernal pieced corner triangles came along for August. And September had more pieced triangles for the sides. By the time I got to October and the sashing strips I was done for.





I decided that I'd been avoiding this for long enough, so I got myself in gear this week and finally, it is completed!

I am still planning to have another finish to share with you on Sunday. I have been steadily quilting on Long Road Home. With some very tender fingers, the goal is still on track. *wink*

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. It looks great, and I loved the colours right from the start. Well done on finishing the top.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!