Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Sewing With Friends

Yesterday a group of us met at Terry's for a day of sewing. I had been looking forward to it for quite awhile as I knew I would get to work on something different for a change. (Referencing yesterday's post; I have been hand quilting a lot lately.) After much thoughtful deliberation, I pulled out the quilt along from 2014, Tell It To The Stars, which I worked on steadily until last October. At that point, I saw many sashing strips and corner stones and triangle settings which just put me off entirely. Into a tub it went!

Just look at how much of it I had done. This is shown without the sashing and cornerstones, obviously. Look at those setting triangles. There was some serious piecing going on when I made those. Intimidating, for sure.

Well, this is what I took to Terry's. I have about half of it together and will be finishing the remainder this week, hopefully. When I grow weary of hand quilting, this will be my go-to project.

Terry worked on the zipper bag, and I wish I'd brought mine along for her to see. I was no help whatsoever to her. She moved on to other projects of the zippy bag variety.

Sheryll did some applique; Sharon P. worked on a gorgeous Van Gogh wall hanging; JoAnn did a bit of Lucy Boston stitching; and Laura divided her time between binding and hand quilting. I have some pictures of their projects which I will share in my next post.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!