Monday, August 3, 2015

Sewing With Friends

It was my turn last Friday morning to host the Frankfort Girls for sewing. I made an awesome (if I do say so myself) cherry coffee cake with crumb topping. Was mighty tasty with a cup of coffee, let me tell you.

I don't have much to share in the way of pictures, as nearly everyone is continuing work already shown here from previous weeks.  I finished off those hexies that I'd prepped for the Lake Erie excursion. I'm to the point that I need to be deciding on a hexie project rather than just continue to make random hexies. I sorta' have the cart before the horse.

Jan had recently taken a class at Mary's Barn in Grove City to learn how to make an Orange Peel block. In true Jan fashion, she has her quilt top finished and is in the binding phase. She never lets any moss grow in her path!

Jo Ann is nearing a finish, as well. She has been hand-quilting this scrap quilt. Do you call this a Churn Dash? Or Monkey Wrench? Or Hole in the Barn Door? I think those three blocks are so similar, and I frequently use those names interchangeably. Probably shoudn't. Oh well, Jo Ann's quilt is looking good.


Nothing else to show you. I will report, though, that this month's UFO project is #3 on our lists. This is good news for me, because I am already done with it! My #3 is to finish the Long Road Home quilt, and I did that back in the spring. Yay! So now I have the month of August to finish all those other UFOs that I'm behind on. The list is long of the months I've left unfinished. Shame on me!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!