Wednesday, August 12, 2015

We Interrupt Normal Programming...

If there were awards given for best procrastinator, I would sure hope someone nominates me. I think I could compete on a world class level.

If I am not traveling to fun places, or having outings with girlfriends, then I am reading. All day yesterday was spent not sewing, like I'd planned. No, I started a book, and it pulled me in hook, line and sinker. I had no chance.

At the Water's Edge 

To say I devoured it would be accurate, for certain. I didn't have much prior knowledge about this book, except that I knew I enjoyed Sara Gruen based on having read and enjoyed Water for Elephants a few years ago. This one was a bit slow to begin, but once I got settled in to the Scottish setting and had all the characters straight in my head, the story took off and it was quite an enjoyable ride. I won't say too much, as this book is coming up for our book club in a few months. Don't want to spoil it for anyone. Suffice it to say, if you are looking for a book to become totally engrossed in, then this one should be considered.

As the evening was free (I finished the book around 7pm), I headed up to the sewing room with the intent of finishing off that Snowbirds HST project. 


Then that darned procrastination bug accosted me again. Instead of sewing, I decided to deal with a couple of tumbling-over piles behind my chair that was making it increasingly difficult to move about without tripping. I threw out a great pile of old papers, sorted some notions (needles, safety pins, thimbles, ribbons, etc.) and finally, I sewed a bit and pressed a bit. I have decided that one more spot on this little table topper needs to be unsewn, which is on my agenda for today. I will also do a B-I-G project - prep a quilt with batting and backing and begin machine quilting it myself. It will be the biggest one yet for me on my little Bernina. Hope it goes well.


I will report to you tomorrow to let you know how well I accomplished by goals. 

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I LOVED "Water for Elephants".... thanks for the book recommendation! Your scrappy shirt quilt is wonderful! I love the nine patches added in with the rectangles. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!