Saturday, February 18, 2017

Emma's Project

Here's a story of how a daughter's project becomes a mom's project - and, no, I am not complaining. I do have my own stuff to work on, but this is sorta' fun, and I might as well work on it as anything else I might do.


Just because it is visible on the design wall every time I walk into the sewing room, I've been spending a few odd moments here and there working on the baby quilt that Emma and I began last weekend. She wants to gift it to a friend who's baby shower is in April, and since I have offered to quilt it on my machine, I figured I'd just go ahead with the remaining sewing, as well.


Above all the horizontal rows are sewn together. I added two more rows than what we had originally, as I thought the quilt would be rather small, even for a baby quilt.


A closer view of the triangles and the variety of fabrics. A couple of these were in my stash; the rest Emma picked up at the Athens JoAnn Fabrics.

I like the backing she selected. There's definitely a triangle theme going on.


I have 4 of the 11 horizontal rows attached. My plan is to finish them today and get a quilt sandwich made soon so that I can get started quilting it. Some of those triangles are wobbly, and I sure hope that some batting and quilting will make them behave.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!